Friday 4 January 2013

The Consequences of Feeling FAT!!!

Stepping on to the scales after Christmas is never a joyful event.  Far from it!  And so, if you are one of those people who love shopping you are probably not in the mood for clothes shopping.  You take your normal size into the changing rooms and it won't go over your hips, won't zip up or just leaves rolls of fat bulging over the sides.  This kind of experience is to be avoided at all costs.  You knew you were fat before the scales confirmed it so you really don't want these totally unsympathetic new clothes to scream it out loud in a very public changing room.  You may feel like ripping said clothes off and curling up into a ball and sobbing loudly but I find the assistant in Next is not too keen on this behaviour.

But girls there is one thing you can always buy whether you feel obese or skinny.  I have to add here that feeling skinny is an unknown concept to me!  You can buy shoes!!!  They always fit!  God I love shoes!  So I have to admit that's what I've done!  Firstly I ordered some ankle boots from Next.  They arrived a day or so later and I pulled off the packaging to reveal my beautiful, sexy, orgasmic boots.  I tried them on with a slight hesitation - if they don't fit I will cry - but they fitted!  And I LOVE them!!!  Oh great joy!  Who needs clothes when you can have shoes or boots.

It didn't stop there however.  In my inbox I get regular newsletters from Stylist Picks.  I've never bought anything from them but I quite enjoy browsing their newsletter.  Their latest one was advertising their sale.  I happened to stumble across - by some slip of the mouse - the shoe section.  I reasoned with myself that I didn't need more shoes.  I've got loads of shoes.  But then the sale prices twinkled away at me taunting me like a bar of chocolate or a glass of NZ Sauvignon Blanc.

This morning my new footwear arrived.  To be fair it would have been rude not to take advantage of these bargain offers.  It was so exciting unwrapping them.  They came in black shoe boxes with black ribbon tied round them.  Inside the shoes were delicately wrapped in tissue paper with a little sticker holding it in place.  It can't get better than this even at Jimmy Choo surely?  They felt expensive and sexy and perfect.  Oh I LOVE my new shoes and boots!!!

Yes I didn't stop at one pair I bought a beautiful pair of black ankle boots for just £25 and a pair of black and tan shoes - a snip at just £15.  You are obviously nodding in agreement that I had to buy said footwear at such bargain prices.  There really was no alternative!  And I do really LOVE them.

So here they are:

My Next boots

My £15 Stylist Pick shoes

And how lovely is the box!

My gorgeous £25 Stylist Pick boots!
What an exciting day!  It's given me a real boost from my cold which even with Nurofen Express is giving me a splitting headache and eyes that I just want to close as they hurt so much.  So I deserved cheering up!

I also though I'd share with you some of my Christmas presents.  Rich bought me things from the list I'd given him.  Not sure how he'd get on without a list?!!!  May be next year I will try it.  I'd really love a surprise but one I like not one I'd have to pretend to like.  Tricky!  So he bought me several books.  I'm on book two, Cheryl Cole's autobiography.  I've already read David Walliam's.  Shout if you want to borrow it but WARNING it is rather dark.  He also bought me a bottle of perfume and the following items:


As you may have guessed I love tweed.  This is from an inexpensive equestrian company called Rydale.

This is my Pull and Bear top which you will probably remember I wore Boxing Day.

This jumper is also from Rydale.

This bag is from Joules and I love it!

It's probably the most expensive bag I've owned at around £90!!!!

And this is what my daughter bought me:

This purse is from Joules and it's gorgeous!

I love what a contrast the lining is.

And a furry headband also from Joules.

My son bought me a laptop cover which I asked for and this lovely handbag.

This is from Oasis and will go beautifully with my new Next boots!


And my friend Jane bought me some yummy chocolate from Hotel Chocolat and this fab snood:

As you may have gathered I love horses!


I was also lucky enough to get a spa voucher from Richard's daughter and several other gifts from them and two very appropriate plaques from my lovely friend Theresa but I will share these with you another day.  Today is officially SHOE DAY!!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment