Tuesday 1 January 2013

Happy New Year!!!

Ready to go out on New Year's Eve

Dress from Next.


Well it's day one of 2013.  I can't say that I've done very much other than take my son to pick up his car.  It was good to have a lie in this morning after a late night.  For the past few days I've been fighting off a sore throat and this morning I woke up with a head cold.  I've had a couple of Nurofen and a Lemsip and am determined to keep it at bay as back to running tomorrow!

Last night - New Year's Eve - we had a fab night.  There were ten of us who had dinner at Wesley House (which is beautiful) followed by dancing.  Many of the people we were with are really close friends and so it was a perfect way to welcome in the New Year.  Three of the people we were with I have known for longer than I've known my husband!

When we arrived we enjoyed several bottles of champagne along with canapés before being shown to our table.  The Wesley always looks fabulous over the Christmas period like a real fairytale winter wonderland.  Our table was in the atrium which was actually where our civil ceremony took place less than two years ago so it has a special significance for us.

We enjoyed plenty of New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc along with our meal and lots of fun and laughter.  I think we all danced so much that our feet ached.  The highlight was when Sarah put in our request for Bon Jovi and S Club 7!!!  It got absolutely everyone dancing though.  Well everyone except our friend Pat who wasn't actually capable of standing by then!



Here's a look at the other girls dresses:



Do you have a favourite dress?  Any ideas on which is the cheapest/most expensive dress?  Please share your thought.

Finally a photo of Rich and I:










No comments:

Post a Comment