Tuesday 29 January 2013

Which trousers???

I love trousers!  You probably already know that if you are a regular reader of my blog  Dresses and skirts are not my thing.  I don't feel right in them.  I feel comfy in trousers.  You don't have to be careful getting out of the car or bending down.  You can just sit down without having to smooth down your skirt/dress in case you are showing too much flesh and you don't have to worry about your dress/skirt being tucked in your knickers when you've been to the loo.  Trousers are definitely the way forward!

It's not that simple any more though.  There are so many different types of trousers.  There's skinnies, straight, boyfriend, bootcut, flare, leggings, jeggings, harem pants, ankle grazers, cigarette pants, cargo pants, chinos . . .  to name but a few!  Which style do you choose???

I tend to wear a lot of skinnies.  I used to think I was too fat to wear skinnies but now I love them.  I used to wear bootcut but now I hate them.  So with that in mind I decided to try on a few pairs of my trousers with a basic white T-shirt and a pair of nude heels to see if the style of trousers makes a difference to how fat I look!  Brave I know!!!!

So what have I deduced?   That I look fat in all of them!!!  However if I stand sideways I look thinner.  So if you see me out and about don't be surprised if I'm walking sideways!  I wish I'd worn a black T-shirt I might have looked a bit thinner!  Because it's not just style of course, it's colour too that can influence how fat or thin you look!  God, why is it so complicated???!!!


 These are my Gok at Sainsbury's skinny jeans.  I love these jeans but are they flattering?  Not with this top!

 These are my burgundy flares from Primark.  I love these because they are comfortable and swishy.  Quite flattering from the side!

 These are my M&S harem style pants.  I actually love these.

 These are my burgundy leggings from Primark.  Would be fine with boots.  I would never wear them out like this.  They are comfy and feel much better quality than Primark!

So what do you think?  Which style of trousers do you like to wear?  What style would you never wear?  Come on share your style secrets.

I saw these two adverts in a magazine the other day.  I love them both but I don't think I could wear either.  Mutton dressed as lamb comes to mind.  But still, I do love them!  Would you wear them???




No comments:

Post a Comment