Monday 5 November 2012

Body Shape?

Hello again!

This is a picture of me and the girls taken earlier this year.  We range in age from mid forties to early sixties.  We all have completely different dress sense but more importantly completely different body shapes.
I'm sure we all watched Trinnie and Suzannah feel countless pairs of boobs and pronounce people a fashion disaster. And we are all supposed to know our own body shape.  And I do. I'm an hour glass.  Big boobs, small (ish) waist and big hips.  I go in and out.  If I wear loose clothes I look like a tent or pregnant.  Neither of which I find desirable looks.  So I have to wear fitted clothes that show off the smallest part of my body - my waist.  I have to wear scoop necklines so as not to accentuate my boobs - which I wish were smaller.  I have to avoid anything that's puffy or overly fussy on the shoulder as I have broad shoulders and it makes me look completely out of proportion.
The thing is knowing the rules doesn't help in choosing the right clothes.  You can still wear clothes that are designed for girls half your age!  And I do!
So, before I give you a glimpse at some of the things I wear I'm going to tell you what I don't wear.  I don't wear dresses more than once a year.  I don't wear skirts.  I don't wear smart suits.  I don't wear elasticated waist trousers - yet!  I don't wear puffy, lacy or flouncy.
What do I wear?  . . . Well, trousers.  Not very inspiring I know!  And quite worrying as the festive season approaches and one of the girls (who looks good in dresses) will announce - "Lets all wear dresses on our girlie Christmas supper."  Great!!!  Another shopping dilemma!
So tune in tomorrow and lets talk trousers! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment