Thursday 29 November 2012

Wednesday outing - Neal's Yard Party

On Wednesday evening my friend, Heather, hosted a Neal's Yard party.  I was introduced to Neal's Yard at the beginning of 2011.  I was getting married in the April and went to see Sophie Chamings at the beginning of the year.  She was going to do my make-up for the Big Day.  She suggested that on the run up to the wedding I used Neal's Yard face mask, moisturiser and eye cream.  It was really good and kept my skin clear but I didn't carry on using it after the wedding because it was quite expensive - compared to the products I'd used in the past.

Then Heather announced she was hosting a Neal's Yard party and I was quite excited.  I liked the products but the shop, although lovely, was a bit intimidating,  I was glad to have the chance to have the products explained to me.  In fact it was even better than that.  Jodie who did the party talked about various products and allowed us to try them.  Then she gave any of us who wanted one a mini facial.  It was bliss.  Jodie was brilliant.  Everyone warmed to her.  And we got 20% off the products.

One thing she told us was that everyone should use toner.  I've never used toner.  I think only one person at the party used it.  Apparently it prepares your skin for the moisturiser meaning your moisturiser is more effective. 

Anyway, I wore tan leggings and long cardi from Primark, my lovely M&S boots and scarf from Forever 21.  I'm still working on the dresses.  I am going to wear one on Saturday.  I've tried some on.  Photos to follow tomorrow and then you can give me your feedback and help me choose one.  Claire - whose house I'm going to for supper - wears a dress so well.  In fact she always looks completely glamorous.  I have no idea how she does it.  I'm going to be keeping an eye on her to see if I can pick up some tips.


1 comment:

  1. Look forward to seeing your dresses, I predict that you will look great, as you always do.

    ReplyDelete