Saturday 29 December 2012

Christmas!!!


I hope everyone has had a super Christmas.  Does anyone else find it exhausting?  There's all the preparation - cleaning the house, buying presents, wrapping presents (which seems to take forever), putting up the tree (ours died within about 3 days!), grocery shopping along with everyone else in the entire area!  Then I had to go and pick up my Dad.  Although he's not much trouble you still feel responsible for him and don't quite relax.


Ready to go pick up my Dad on Sunday 23rd in my Next blouse, Sainsbury's straight jeans, M&S boots and New Look handbag
Here with my cousin's husband
                                                 
Ready to go out to lunch on Christmas Eve.  Next
lacy top, sparkly vest, Top Shop skinny jeans and M&S boots





Although Rich cooked on Christmas Day I did all the tidying up (he's a very messy cook), got rid of all the wrapping paper, put everyone's presents away.  Rich got really stressed doing it too. He's usually very laid back.  We all got to Skype my eldest son in Australia which was lovely.  My Dad couldn't quite believe his grandson was on the screen of my iPad!

There were five of us for lunch, me, Rich, my son and daughter and my Dad.  After lunch my daughter and I cleared the table, stacked the dishwasher, washed up everything that wouldn't go in the dishwasher and tidied the kitchen.


Rich and I after lunch!

The table from above and my Dad chilling with the dogs.


On Boxing Day we had a load of friends coming for lunch.  It's an annual tradition.  I got up, tidied the house, prepared the lunch, set the table and chilled the wine.  When everyone left I cleared up again.

Boxing Day table.

Waiting for guests to arrive in Top Shop jeans again and my new Pull & Bear top which I got for Christmas.


The next day same process but for Rich's daughters, son in law and three grandchildren.  Although it's good having such a social time I actually prefer our girlie suppers!

Ready for guests to arrive on 27th in a top I've had for absolutely ages, Gok jeggings and New Look heels.

My homemade lasagne ready to go in the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment